Thursday, July 19, 2007

Weeds are just a matter of perspective


I don't even know where to start with today. So many things filling up my brain. This blogging thing is a bit odd because it is a journal, but not the journal I keep just for me. I don't know if that makes much sense.


Happy news-I got my Ravelry invite this week. I am littlepeeps if you are so inclined to add me as a friend. It is a bit lonely with the friends 0 staring at you from the screen. What to say about ravelry. I could get so lost in a giant time vacuum on that site if I am not careful. Lots of yummy yarn pr#n, inspiring projects, fun knitting talk. I am going to use ravelry to my utmost advantage. I really would like to catalog and organize my stash and this site is the perfect way to do that. I have far more yarn than I know what to do with and I need to start busting a hole through it. So, my DH put up all kinds of shelves for me, bought me small see through totes and I will be photographing,cataloging and such for a few weeks at least. I am going to assign my yarn to future projects in queue, destash it or, in rare instances, keep it until I know what I would like to do with it. Projects may change but yarn must fall into these criteria. Hopefully this will get me past the daydreaming stage and using up the really beautiful yarn that I already have.


I also need to start working on one of my other passions, quilting. I have culled my fabrics and quilting books for the last few years so I am left with all kinds of things I really want to work on. My sewing machine is calling my name.


Next post:Finished Monkey Socks, my 1st pair.

1 comment:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

You won the malabrigo contest!!! Come see!!! Congrats!!