Saturday, March 28, 2009

Playing with fabric






One of the many many joys of having a little one in the house is finding some stolen moments during nap time for yourself. Sure the housework slips, maybe you eat a bit more takeout but now seems the perfect time for that to happen. I was excited to see the Nothing but Scraps challenge over on this wonderful blog , flickr group here. I have a plastic tote full of bits and pieces of quilt fabric, scraps for sure. I don't think any of them match but I am going to pull out and make bits and crumb blocks for this challenge. I hope it will be a fun and funky picnic blanket for our family.

My goal is to sew a bit everyday and granted, that might be 5 minutes while waiting for the laundry to finish drying.

I do need to finish up some super simple goodie bags for my big guy and his friends. I can't believe he is going to be 4 in just a few weeks. Love you little man! I can't believe I am so blessed that I have you in my life.

No comments: