Wednesday, April 22, 2009

working off the scraps


I have been working on and off with this project. LM loves Tom & Jerry so I bought this panel about 1 year ago to make him a special lap quilt. Well, there it sat in my stash. Finally pulled it out this last week and started thinking of ways to make it up. Using 5" square scraps from my scrap bin together with strips I have been pulling it all together. I think I will use white to frame the blocks a bit. Then I was thinking of quilting the white sections with multi-color thread with words- like his name, Tom & Jerry etc.

This isn't my greatest masterpiece but it is fun and will see quite a bit of wash and wear so I am trying not to obsess about it. Hoping to get this done by the weekend. We shall see. It is supposed to be beautiful weather.

No comments: