Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Long time no blogging

Still not sure blogging is for me but since I have been crafting up a storm lately I thought I might give it another try. Pictures and posts to come. Feel free to skip over the next part, just my rambling thoughts for today.

My head is in a complete fog today. I have a terrible head cold combined with 35+ weeks pregnant can make me grouchy. I didn't sleep much last night (or the last several) since I have an awful sore throat-- but enough whining.

I have been managing to quilt again. For a little while there I forgot how much I love it. Forgot enough even to think maybe I should just ditch it all, the stash, the patterns, the whole thing. I sometimes have these pipe dreams of only buying what I want to work on right at that second and finishing it and putting it away. The cold hard reality is I simply think this will never be me. I always have multiple projects on the machine, on the needles, etc.

Simplify-- this I think I can do. I have managed to clear an awful lot out of our attic and house in the last few weeks, a perk of nesting. Now I need to make sure I don't go back there again. The lure of the recycled and thrifted items I must ignore.

In the next few weeks, God willing, we will have a new life to add to our home and family. I couldn't be more excited and scared. Oddly, I feel so completely unprepared this time. I'm worried about the nursery not being done- yet we co-sleep at least for the first 5 months, and about a million other things. Really non-things if you want to know the truth.

I'm going to go take a bit of a nap and let my mind wander over a few books, plan an upcoming birthday and try to live a bit more in the moment, even if there is thick fog.

No comments: