Sunday, September 9, 2007

New Monkey Socks



Pattern: The famous monkey socks from Cookie A. on knitty.com
Yarn: Claudia Handpainted Sock, fingering weight; 2 skeins
Needles: Size 2 DPNs
Notes:
I made these for bigger feet than mine. I think they will be a perfect fit. First time with this pattern. After I got the pattern memorized these seemed to fly off the needles. I really liked this yarn. So cheerful. I did one less repeat on the leg because I was worried I didn't have enough yarn. I think I would have been fine.
These are part of a Christmas present. One down, many more to go. Not all knit, some paintings, some sewing.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Such a great gift. That's a really fun pattern to make--and wear!. Gorgeous colors too.

Quiltinggirl said...

These are way-cool socks! Almost makes me wish I actually knew how to knit. Well, knit better than I do, that is. Beautiful work, Girl!